What is the difference between the UB-04 and the HCFA-1500?
When billing medical claim forms, there are various types.
The UB-04 (CMS 1450) is a claim form used by hospitals, nursing facilities in-patient, and other facility providers. A specific facility provider of service may use this type of form.
On the other hand, the HCFA-1500 (CMS 1500) is a medical claim form used by professionals. This is commonly used by individual doctors, nurses, and professionals, including therapists, chiropractors, and out-patient clinics. It is not used by hospitals.
Both forms help to process the medical claim of a patient. At the end of the day, the insurance company (payer) is reimbursing the services, so it is best to check with them to determine the best form for your needs.
How do I buy claim paper forms?
How do I sign up for the 30 day, money-back guarantee?
How do I retrieve lost registration information?
- Provide all the information you can regarding the original order such as Order Number, First Name, Last Name, Company Name, Address, Email Address, and Date of Purchase. We will reply in less than 24 hours with the necessary information you need to download and register the software.
- Print a copy of this information for future reference, and store it in a secure location. UB-04 Software, Inc. allows for one free code retrieval per order. Subsequent replacement registration information can be obtained for a fee.
- If you have your registration information and just need the program, please Go to Our Download Products Page and choose the appropriate software.
My computer crashed and I need to reinstall or I was able to reinstall the software but can't find my registration code, what should I do?
I already have your software. How do I download the newest version?
Go into the software, click Help menu, and scroll down to Check For New Version. If this is unsuccuessful, please click here to go to the Download Free Trial Website. Choose the appropriate software.
Can I make a template to avoid re-typing common fields like provider address and federal tax number on every form?
How do I backup my claims?
I am having difficuly printing or the alignment is off even after using the "Printer Alignment" feature, what should I do?
Approximately 98% of printing issues are solved by downloading the latest drivers for your printer. To do this, go to a search engine and enter the brand of your printer. The most common manufacturers are Hewlett Packard (www.hp.com), Lexmark (www.lexmark.com), and Brother (www.brother.com). Search for your drivers according to the model number on the printer and install the appropriate drivers. For driver help, contact your printer manufacturer. Additionally, the Advanced Alignment feature has been added to allow users to make specific changes on a box-by-box basis..
I need to move the software to a different computer, how is this done?
What is EDI (Electronic Billing)?
How do I bill electronically?
How can I contact a representative at UB-04 Software, Inc?
Installation & Registration
How do I install the software?
- Download the software:
- A window will appear. Open, Run, or Save the file.
- The download will begin. Sometimes, a security warning appears. This is normal. Open, Run, Accept, Proceed, or Yes.
- Run the download (double-click). The installer will start and display "Welcome to the Setup Wizard..."
- Proceed through the installer by clicking Next.
- Finish & Launch the software. A Desktop icon has been added for your convenience
- Click either "eDirect" or "Fill & Print" depending on the type of software you want & "14 Day Trial" when prompted.
If you purchased the software, you will need the following information to register & activate your software:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Company (If you didn't register your company name, LEAVE BLANK)
- Registration Code (It will be listed in your receipt email or if you log into your account on this website.)
I have Mac OS X. How do I get this to work?
First, you need CrossOver (by Codeweavers).
Click (1) Download and Install CrossOver Trial Now
Second, you need to download our software, using their CrossTie file.
Click (2) Install HCFA-1500 Software via CrossTie