What is the difference between the UB-04 and the HCFA-1500?
When billing medical claim forms, there are various types: the UB-04 & the HCFA-1500.
The UB-04 (CMS 1450) is a claim form used by hospitals, nursing facilities, in-patient, and other facility providers. A specific facility provider of service may also utilize this type of form.
On the other hand, the HCFA-1500 (CMS 1500) is a medical claim form employed by individual doctors & practices, nurses, and professionals, including therapists, chiropractors, and out-patient clinics. It is not typically hospital-oriented.
Both forms help to process the medical claim of a patient. At the end of the day, the insurance company (payer) is reimbursing the services, so it is best to check with them to determine the best form for your needs.
How do I purchase the software?
Where can I buy claim paper forms?
Generally, they can be purchased from office supply stores or online.
Our software allows you to print the text & form in color or black & white--or simply just the text (Text Only) onto the pre-printed forms.
If you are submitting to Medicare, Medicaid, or the VA, we strongly recommend using the Text Only option and loading forms directly into your printer. Each insurance company (payer) has their own requirements.
How do I sign up for the 30 day, money-back guarantee?
You may also upgrade your software at-cost during this period; however, upgrades (e.g. adding a user) are inelligible for this money-back promotion.
How do I retrieve lost registration information?
Live Chat or E-mail and be sure to provide the following information:
- Order Number
- First Name, Last Name, and Company Name
- Email Address
- Date of Purchase.
If you have your registration information and just need the program:
My computer crashed, and I need to re-install--or I was able to re-install the software but can't find my registration code, what should I do?
I already have your software. How do I download the newest version?
Depending on your version, you may be able to update within the software.
Try going to Help > Check for New Version.
If this option is not available, you can compare your version (Help > About) to our newest release on the News page.
To obtain the newest version at any time, close your software, download, and install below:
I need to move the software to a different computer, how is this done?
Can I make a template to avoid re-typing common field--like provider address and federal tax number--on every form?
Now, when you want to begin a new form, double-click (or Open) this "template."
In our HCFA-1500 software, you can use the Prefills menu much to this effect, if you prefer. Both options are still available.
How do I backup my claims?
I am having difficulty printing--or the alignment is off even after using the "Printer Alignment" feature, what should I do?
Approximately 98% of printing issues are solved by downloading the latest drivers for your printer. To do this, go to a search engine and enter the brand of your printer. The most common manufacturers are Hewlett Packard (www.hp.com), Lexmark (www.lexmark.com), and Brother (www.brother.com). Search for your drivers according to the model number on the printer and install the appropriate drivers. For driver help, contact your printer manufacturer. Additionally, the Advanced Alignment feature has been added to allow users to make specific changes on a box-by-box basis.Common issues:
- Printer is unable to print close enough to the margins.
- Consult your printer manual for margin specifications.
- The easiest way to find the manual is go to Google and enter the make and model, as well as the word manual (e.g. HP LaserJet 1020 manual).
- User was not aware of General Printer Alignment feature.
- User was not aware of the Advanced Printer Alignment feature.
- Print > Advanced Alignment or File > Advanced Alignment
- We recommend this feature for box-specific alignment shifts:
- First, select the problematic box by clicking directly in it with the Advanced Alignment window open.
- Then, use the sliders on this window to make adjustments.
- Finally, save these settings by clicking the blue save diskette at the top right.
How do I print to PDF?
Click here, and subsequently download, run, and install to be able to print/output to a PDF file.
What is EDI? How do I bill electronically?
Long story short: Want to be paid faster? Speed up reimbursements?
We have partnered with two companies to make this process as simple as possible.
Please refer to the links below and read for more in-depth information.
Request a FREE quote today:
How can I contact a representative at UB-04 Software, Inc?
We offer Live Chat, telephone, and e-mail support and would be happy to answer any questions or concerns that you may have.
All contact information, including hours of operation, can be found below:
How do I run this software on Mac OS X? What about Linux?
- Click here for the HCFA-1500 software
- How-to Video: YouTube Step-by-Step Installation
- Click here for the UB-04 software
- How-to Video: YouTube Step-by-Step Installation
- Install CrossOver
- Install UB04software.com product, using their link
- Coupon Codes for 25% off CrossOver: via_HCFA-1500 or via_UB04